1 to 1 Support
Ordinary Magic provide direct emotional and practical psycho-social support to individual children and families who are facing adversity to promote positive mental health . We have over 11 years direct delivery experience and pride ourselves on making a difference to people who need our support.
* As each young person and family are different, to carry out effective work we carry out a holistic needs assessment and create a care plan which outlines how we plan to support you.
*Once we have created this plan we with then provide an assessed number of sessions (Normally 4 – 10 at a time to suit) with the parent, child or family with a review with parents half way to ensure we are on track to make a difference.
* Our support also includes:
- Advocacy for the family with other professionals
- Referrals to other agencies who can offer further support
- 6 monthly check in’s for 2 years to offer advice and support if needed
If direct one to one support is something you are interested in please contact us.
Initial assessment – £50-70
Sessions – From £30 per hour
“After my son’s grandfather died he struggled to manage his emotions and I did not know how to support him. We had 6 sessions with his support worker who helped me understand how he was grieving and how to talk to him about death in an age appropriate way. The sessions he had he really enjoyed and they helped him deal with his anger. His favourite session was the memories one, he is very proud of the memory jar he made and keeps it by his bed!”